Welcome to The Parish Church
of Saint Anne, Stanley and St Paul, Stoneycroft
Saint Anne's Church has served the people of Old Swan for 175 years.
We offer worship to God in our beautiful church and we seek to care for all who live in
our parish and those who come into our church.
We strive to be an inclusive community where all are welcomed and accepted, especially
as we gather around the altar of God, every Sunday to offer the Eucharist
One of our most important links with the community is with our
which seeks to educate the young people of Stanley and Old Swan. Together we endeavour
to broaden their minds to the wonders of learning, faith and acceptance - the acceptance
of their fellow human beings, the care of creation and their unconditional acceptance by God for who they are.
Saint Anne's is proud of its history, its traditions,
its music, and those who belong to it today are pleased to share
something of its life with you through this website.
The parish church of Saint Anne, Stanley and St Paul, Stoneycroft takes its duty and obligation to protect all extremely seriously. We have adopted the national Church of England's robust procedures and guidelines. You can find out more about the national policies and procedures here.
If you have any safeguarding concerns or issues on a safeguarding matter then you can find useful contact information here.
We are re-opening the church again for public worship Sunday 19th July at 10am. This is not straight-forward and will NOT be like it was before lock-down. Certain rules have to be followed and these are listed below so that if you choose to come to St Anne's, and it would be lovely to have you there, you know what to expect. Please arrive in plenty of time.
- Names and telephone numbers by law must be taken so if any outbreak occurs you can be contacted. If this happens you MUST self-isolate for 14 days. The church building will then close once again until it is deemed safe to re-open.
- If, when you arrive you are told we are full then please do not take offence, we are sorry to be in a position where we may have to turn folk away but it is for the safety of the whole church community.
- You must wear a face covering.
- Two-metre distancing rules will be in place. You must respect this at all times, even with a mask on.
- Entrance into church is via the hall, exit is via the tower door.
- Please do not block the doors as you enter or exit
- There are no hymn books, notice sheets etc to collect on entering. Just come in, have your temperature taken and sanitise your hands and follow the arrows. Please note, if your temperature is high you will be asked to leave.
- There is a clearly marked one-way system. Please follow this.
- There is a separate, marked queue system for the toilets which again needs to be followed. Hands must be sanitised before and thoroughly washed after using the facilities.
- Please do not enter the Lady Chapel for any reason before or during the service.
- If you wish to light a candle, this can take place at the very end of the service once you are directed to leave. This will be explained fully at the start of every service.
- Pews that are not to be used are clearly taped off. In open pews please sit two meters apart, unless you are in the same 'bubble' -eg. living in the same house.
- Kneelers cannot be used so please don't touch them
- Service books can be downloaded here. Please print a copy and bring it with you and keep for future use. A few copies for those who cannot download the booklet will be available, again as a personal copy to keep. If you need a copy printed for you then please give me a ring.
- There will be no singing or sharing of peace
- Communion will be distributed in a strict order, which will be explained at the start of each service.
- At the end of the service, exiting will be in a controlled order. It is advised that you leave church grounds as swiftly as possible, not lingering to chat etc.
- The card stall will be closed - no exceptions.
- The kitchen is closed. If you usually require water then bring a bottle with you.
Download and print a copy of the service sheet. Click on the image to open the document.
Follow us on Facebook