Notices for Sunday 15th January 2017
Our Sunday service is a sung Eucharist which starts at 10am.
There is a Crèche and, in term time, Sunday School to which all are welcome. There is tea and toast afterwards in the hall.
Our Prayer Focus
Emma & John as they get married on Saturday and for Edward as he is baptised .
We give thanks for the joy young people bring into our lives
|Sunday 15th January
||Parish Eucharist - Second Sunday of Epiphany
||Marriage of Emma Byrne & John Bowman with the baptism of Edward
Next Sunday is the celebration of the Third Sunday of Epiphany Music includes Psalm 40: 1-7 and This is the day by John Rutter
- DUKE OF EDINBURGH St Anne's is now a Licensed Assesment Centre for the Duke Of Edinburgh Award Scheme.If you are aged between 13-24, or know of anyone who might be interested in finding out more then visit the DofE website or . FOR DETAILS ON THE NEXT MEETING PLEASE CONTACT CHANTELLE Look forward to seeing you soon!
- DO YOU SHOP ONLINE? If so, please register with www.easyfundraising.org.uk and the retailers you shop with will make a donation to us AT NO EXTRA CHARGE TO YOU! So far we have raised £593!!
- PARKING As a courtesy to those who are less able and towards those who live in Cheadle Avenue can people please park in the car-park or on the church side of the road before parking directly outside the Church (by vestry door) or on the resident's side of Cheadle Avenue. Thank You.
- LOGS Logs are available at £3/bag. So if you, family or friends have an open fire or wood burner please see Emma for a bag. With enough notice, home delivery may also be available for those without transport. So far we have raised £615!
- 100 CLUB Congratulations to last month's winners. This fundraiser raises important funds each month. Please see Eve Stokes to check that you are up-to-date with your subs. Thank you. Next draw: 29th January
- FUTURE OF ST PAULS, STONEYCROFT On the 1st of December 2016 the parish of Stoneycroft, St Paul officially joined the parish of Stanley, St Anne creating a single parish. St Anne's church will become the parish church.
The building of St Pauls will then become redundant, and therefore not for use for worship within the Church of England. The Egyptian Coptic Church are proceeding with their lease of the building and it is hoped that shortly after the 1st December building works to make the building safe once more will begin.
It is hoped that this arrangement will not only see the continuation of spiritual flourishing of the parish of St Pauls as it joins with St Annes, it will also see the physical survival of a building, magnificent in structure but also complicated in design, a design which has sadly has been too much to cope with for the congregation members - all 25 of them, for too long.
In His love,
- NOTICES please Emma by 10am Wednesday morning if there are any notices for the weekly sheet. Also, don't forget to let her know if you want a name added/removed from the sick list.
- WEDDINGS & BAPTISMS To book your special service please contact Emma by phone (0151 228 2426) or to arrange an appointment.